1.14.2014

A Whole Year...

So. My little blog turned one year old this week. It is hard to believe I have been documenting this craziness for that long. I remember starting it, thinking I was kind of insane for putting this stuff out there. 

My main goal is and always will be to try to remember the madness that is our life right now... and to be real about it. Things are not always rainbows and butterflies. While I never want to paint a negative picture, I do want to be honest. And express that all of the madness is so completely worth it. As much frustration as situations can be, it will be over so soon and I really really want to remember, and look back and laugh. It has helped me to remember to take pictures more. While I will always be paparazzi with my kids, this has taught me to capture all the moments, not just the cute ones. 





































It was really hard to go back and decide which posts were my favorite. In no particular order, here are my top five (for the moment). 


-Girls Only Weekend of Fun
We had such a great time. There was something so freeing about having absolutely no plans and dedicating an entire weekend to the pure enjoyment of my girls. Matt being out of town totally sucked, but the smiles on their faces when we did nothing but awesomeness was so phenomenal. 

-A Big Decision
I really appreciated how supportive and non-judgmental everyone was when I quit my job. Obviously it affected no one but me and my family (and the inmates, of course), but everyone's comments and support made me feel so much better about my decision. It was (and still is) a difficult thing for me, but I know it is really what is best for my family right now. Despite wanting to stab my eyes out on occasion, being a stay-at-home mom has been extremely rewarding and I wouldn't change anything for the world. 

-Strawberries and the Mattress Pad Update
I don't know why this day remains to be so hilarious to me, but it does. I mean, Layla beating her cousin Tyler with a dead strawberry bush was like icing on the cake. 

-Dad
I got so much feedback from this one and I cannot begin to describe my appreciation. It was a lot to put out there, but it was very therapeutic for me and I am so so SO happy that it made sense to people who never even knew my dad. 

-The Why
This is where it all started. It was short and to the point, but exactly why I started this in the first place. No offense to all of you, but I really am doing this for selfish reasons. And a year later, I am so happy I did.
So. Thank you all for reading. And it makes me feel SO good whenever I run into people and their first words to me are, "I love your blog!!" I am surprised and thankful for the people that do read and like it. I was expecting it to be more of a mommy-oriented read, but everyone from my little brother's friends, to grandmothers, to moms going through what I am, to people who don't have kids and don't want them... all have expressed their enjoyment. It makes me grateful that people get it, and get me. With my obnoxious lingo (I'm sorry, amazeballs isn't going anywhere) and run-on banter, I hope to get my point across. I love my family, love my life, and I'm doing the best that I can. 




Thanks for being a part of it. :o) 


No comments:

Post a Comment