3.25.2013

Flat tires, cracked iPads and stained floors...

So, Happy (aka I'm grumpy about this snow and I want spring) Monday! I have faith that it can be 65 and sunny in like three days. 

So we had a super nutty week last week (shocking, I know). When Matt came home on Saturday afternoon, I pretty much hadn't seen him for more than a few minutes since last Sunday. He was at work until after 9pm on Monday, I worked my 17 hour day on Tuesday, and he left to go out of town Wednesday morning. So, if you saw my Facebook status on Friday morning, I will expand...

I had our sitter (Matt's brother Ben's girlfriend Sofi. Keep up) sleep over on Thursday since I leave so early. I had told her that I would pull her car into the garage to make things easier getting the girls in the car since she had to take Summer to school (and I know how the mornings can go when just one of them is in a slow mood). So, I get up on Friday, get ready, make peanut butter toast for the ride, and go to the garage. I put my peanut butter toast, bag, two things of coffee in the car, then take out all of the carseats, then get in my car. Of course as soon as I sit in the car I had leaned my elbow on the console which is exactly where I had placed my peanut butter toast. It is totally smeared all over my coat sleeve of course, so I wipe myself down, get back in my car, and pull out of the driveway. Now it just feels totally strange driving my car and I just don't know what is bizarre with the feeling. I get out, and look at the tire that has had slightly low pressure (I'm sorry, try my life for a week and let me know when you think I had time to deal with it) and it is flat. Like rim on the ground type of flat. I am just staring at my tire, trying to process and think what I should do, completely aware that I really really really need to get to work (if I have to work past 3pm on a Friday, I should just never try to come home due to traffic reasons). I look in my driveway, and Matt's brother Ben's car is sitting there in front of Sofi's (Ben went with Matt on the work trip). I am like "YESSSS" mentally, because I also remember that he left his keys. So my car is in the middle of the street at this point, so I go back inside to grab Sofi's keys. I pull her car out, pull it in the garage, put in all the carseats. I go back inside to put her keys back on the counter, grab Ben's keys, go out and pull Ben's car out into the street. I then pull my car back into the other spot in the driveway so Sofi can get out of the garage. So I even remembered to grab my parking permit from my car which made me oddly proud of myself because that is something that I would normally forget. I got to work only about 15 minutes later than I wanted to, and when I told my co-worker everything that had happened that morning, she says, "Well you seem to have handled it so well. I'm impressed." Matt wasn't here for me to be flip out to, so I guess I just handled it and moved on. 

Fast forward to Sunday... 

We wake up, Matt makes me a deeeeeelish steak, tomatoes, onion, cheese, etc omelette that is to die for. I'm leisurely eating it, SO happy he is home. Summer comes over, and says, "I want to say I'm sorry and that it was an accident. I don't really know how it happened." Uh oh. She is carrying the iPad, hands it over, and our screen is totally cracked. Okay so this could have happened to any of the girls because they use it a lot and drop it plenty. No, I am not happy, but that is life with small kids. We have extended warranty and insurance but I have no idea if that covers a cracked screen and I haven't had time to deal with that yet. So, four seconds later, Olivia comes running over with an open little thing of paint that is totally dried up. I am literally like "WHERE DID THIS COME FROM" and I run to our office where I have a little art area set up for the girls. Now let me preface this by saying one thing that we have been having issues with is Summer and Layla putting tops back on markers. This may seem like a small thing, but when they leave 77234 markers out with no tops on and then they all dry up and I have to throw them away, that is annoying and a total waste of money. This has been something we have been focusing on for the last several months because of the frequency of topless markers (and stamper things, or broken crayons, etc). So, sitting there, is all of their paint stuff, open and dried out. Now, I am aware that I need to go in the office after they do art stuff. I had let them paint the day before but then Matt got home and we ended up having some family over and we grilled out (we are literally begging for spring). I just didn't process the paint in the office. Not only are all of the paint things open, everywhere, and dried out, but their paint water spilled and had soaked this pink paper. I lift up the pink paper and.... 


It had literally dyed the wood. So let me remind you that I have had a very long week without Matt, I am utterly exhausted, and I just need a mental minute so I can not respond in a bad way as a parent. I go upstairs, shut the bedroom door, and sit on the bed for a solid five minutes. Once I have gotten myself under control, I went back downstairs and we dealt with the girls. After that, I marched directly back upstairs, locked the bedroom door, and took a two hour nap. I needed to get away, I needed a mental break, I needed to sleep. So I did. And I felt better. My floor is still stained, our iPad is cracked, but I felt better. Life goes on... 

No comments:

Post a Comment