1.18.2013

Green Monster Smoothie

I realize I'm posting a smoothie recipe in the middle of January... but bear with me. It will be worth it. So last summer I got awkwardly obsessed with this smoothie. It is crazy healthy, and you literally cannot taste the spinach AT ALL. I got it from www.iowagirleats.com (an awesome blog for recipes) but I tweaked it slightly (as in I added ice and made some side comments)

-1 cup milk (I used organic 1%, but you can used almond, vanilla soy, skim, whatever...)
-1/2 cup 0% vanilla chobani greek yogurt (I don't like this type of yogurt normally but it is good in this)
-1 frozen sliced banana (MUST be frozen. I promise it isn't as good if it's not. I just get a bunch of ripe bananas, peel them, break them in chunks and put them in a freezer bag to have on hand)
-spoonful of peanut butter
-2-4 cups organic baby spinach (I throw in a few handfuls)
-15ish ice cubes

Blend until all of the little spinach pieces are gone and enjoy! I'm telling you, if all three of my kids love it (although they question why it is green), it has to be amazeballs. And it seriously fills me up until lunch. 


1 comment:

  1. Yum, I will have to try this! And FYI, I am actually drinking a smoothie right now, so not hating because this post is in January :-)

    XO,

    Gina

    www.popcornandpandas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete